Cumberland Falls State Park,ky
- Title: Cumberland Falls State Park,ky
- State/Province/Region: Kentucky
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hwy 27S or I75S from Lexington,KY
- Nearest Town: Corbin on I75 or Sommerset on 27S
- Brief Directions: Turn left on Hwy 90 off 27S or I75S follow signs to Lodge...must have Topo to find the falls there are roughly 6-9 waterfalls in Whitley, Laurel and Polaski counties.
- Notes: I try never to go alone. If I return to the vehicle I never go back out unless I refill the water bottles and snack cache. I always check for ticks at the end of the day. If my feet got wet I change socks and if possible shoes. I take a lunch break. I rarely go photogging on sunny days for waterfalls or woodland shots. I try to go on overcast or rainy days or just after a rain. I bracket my AV and TV settings to maximize my odds. You may not get a second chance at the same waterfall or subject so take plenty of memory/film. I also bracket my f stop settings up and down the scale. I find the effects vary when playing with available light and depth of field. Be patient and wait for the light or on the subject. It's worth it.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: I use Canon Digital Rebel and 20D, Manfrotto/Bogen Tripod and he
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1226 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!