Hungry Egret Chicks
- Title: Hungry Egret Chicks
- State/Province/Region: Louisiana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Caminada Pass, Gulf of Mexico
- Nearest Town: Grand Isle,
- Brief Directions: 100road miles due south of New Orleans
- Notes: This was one shot of a 120 day study I completed capturing mate selection, nest building egglaying hatching then the fledging of the juveniles
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This Was shot in a Rookery on the SW end o Grand Isle almost in the Pas at Caminada. This adult was digesting food for regurgitation to the chicks
Approx 5000 nests of 7 species of birds in this single Rookery
- Gear: Sony Alpha 700, wuith Minolta 600 f 4.0, lens, 2x teleextender on Gitzo11325 tripod with arca Swiss Ballhead and mounted on a 6ft alum. stepladder anchored in the sand.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 387 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!