Lake Martin Bird Sanctuary
- Title: Lake Martin Bird Sanctuary
- State/Province/Region: Louisiana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: State Hwy 31
- Nearest Town: Breaux Bridge
- Brief Directions: Take I-10 west from Baton Rouge. Leave I-10 at exit #109 at Breaux Bridge. Turn Left on Hwy. #328 and drive under I-10. Go one mile to Hwy. #94 and turn Right. Cross Bayou Teche and immediately turn Left on Hwy. #31 and drive 3.5 miles. Turn Right on road labeled "Lake Martin."
- Notes: From early March thru July, there are hundreds of nesting Great Egrets, Roseate Spoonbills, Cattle Egrets, and Little Blue Herons that can be photographed from the road.
Alligators are in abundance from early spring through late fall.
To see more photos from Lake Martin, go to: www.lakemartinla.com
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: 75-300 mm lenses; tripod of beanbag for camera support.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 5039 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!