The Nation's First Light
- Title: The Nation's First Light
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Acadia Nationl Park
- Nearest Town: Bar Harbor
- Brief Directions: On the Loop Road in Acadia National Park, drive a couple of miles past Sand Beach. Look for the parking lot for Otter Cliff.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I am originally from Maine. I know live elsewhere but try to make a trip back to Maine every year. This photograph was taken on just such a trip. I was originlly photographing Otter Cliff when I turned around and saw the view you see in this photograph. Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island is perhaps my favorite place. The rugged coastline, the rocky mountains, the firey fall colors and the beautiful sunrises all make this a location which could not be fully photographed in any one individual lifetime.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 24-105mm F4 Lens, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 249 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!