Boats - Bernard, Maine
- Title: Boats - Bernard, Maine
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Acadia National Park
- Nearest Town: Bar Harbor
- Brief Directions: Maine coastline, near Bar Harbor. About 1 hour from Bangor, and 3 hours from Portland, Maine
- Notes: This image was taken with a Nikon F100/24mm lens, using Fuji Velvia film, and scanned into a digital image.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The region around Bar Harbor, Maine is loaded with photographic opportunities. In Fall, the colors are spectacular. There is rugged Atlantic coastline, lighthouses, lobstering villages.
Around Bass Harbor are the two fishing villages of Bass Harbor and Bernard. The images of boats, fisherman, lobsters and lighthouses are abundant.
My favorite time of year is Fall, due to the brilliant colors.
Close-by is Stonington and Dear Isle, another area for photographing fishing villages. Along the roads to these towns are hillsides covered in blueberries, which are flaming red in the fall.
- Gear: Nikon
This Photo Has Been Viewed 82 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!