- Title: Do I Look Okay?
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Otter Cliffs
- Nearest Town: Bar Harbor
- Brief Directions: From Bar Harbor, Maine head south on route 3 to Otter Cliffs.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I took this picture in Bar Harbor Maine 5/5/2013. I was scoping out the shore line for photo opportunities.The recent black and white assignment, from Outdoor Photographer Magazine, was in the back of my mind. Normally I don't consider Seagulls as anymore then an element in a picture. These gulls were strikingly white and, in fact, beautiful birds.I found out later their called Glaucus Gulls. Their a much larger bird then I'm use to. They made great black and white subjects.Black and white photos can provide an intamacy with your subject thats hard to catch in color. This picture does that.
It's mating season so the birds had other things on their mind. I had time and was able to move aroud to better compose my shot and get the sun where I wanted it.I could have gotten much closer but I wanted to mitigate intruding on the birds. I had my 70-200mm 2.8L II IS to work with
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 100mm f2.8L II IS, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 229 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!