- Title: "morning Tide"
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Two Lights State Park, Portland Head Lighthouse
- Nearest Town: Portland
- Brief Directions: South of Portland, Two lights State Park, it is well marked. There is a gate man that opens the front gate at sunrise. Be patient he will show up. If you are like me you want all that great light you can get and it is hard to wait. There really is no other way in. The shooting is good for a good amount of time.
- Notes: Maine is full of lighthouses I plan to go back and shoot more.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I had seen and heard a great deal about this light house and have enjoyed shooting lighthouses for some time. This is a great lighthouse to shoot as you can get so many different views the way it is positioned. On this day there were tropical storms in the Atlantic and the waves were really active which highlighted one of natures beautiful resources the ocean. Once finished I just stood for a while and listened to the tide hit the rocks. What a reminder it provided of the power of the earth and seas. What a natural and beautiful setting for a sunny morning.
- Gear: Nikon D300s, 24-70, 2.8 Lens, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1312 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!