Soft Glow Of Winter's Fire
Sylvia J. Zarco
- Title: Soft Glow Of Winter's Fire
- State/Province/Region: Massachusetts
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: The Hatch Shell along The Charles River Esplanade
- Nearest Town: Boston
- Brief Directions: In downtown Boston, head for the Charles River Esplanade and where the Back Bay meets Beacon Hill, walkways and piers behind the Hatch Shell pavilion offer an upstream view straight west over the Charles River.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: As the Charles River reaches the Hatch Shell along Boston’s Esplanade, it turns north giving you a western view straight down the center of the river. After 5 inches of snow fell on Boston leaving gusty winds and thick clouds lingered long after the snowfall stopped, the sun set in brilliant color and gusts stinging with icy furor periodically whipped snow off the frozen river into perfect mists of soft focus.
- Gear: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
This Photo Has Been Viewed 223 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!