- Title: Night At The Boathouse
- State/Province/Region: Massachusetts
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cape Cod
- Nearest Town: Eastham
- Brief Directions: From Route 6 in Eastham (Massachusetts), turn into the Salt Pond Visitor Center and take one of the trails down to the pond.
- Notes: This is a busy place during tourist season, so the best times to photograph here are in June and late October.
- GPS Longitude: 70
- GPS Latitude: 41
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Salt Pond is located on Cape Cod, in Eastham, Massachusetts. It faces out onto the Atlantic Ocean and so is a great location for night photography on clear nights. I've been here many times but have always wanted to capture the Milky Way over the boathouse at the end of the pond. This image was made on a moonless evening as the Milky Way rose in the southeast.
- Gear: Nikon D4 with NIkon 24mm PC-E lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 152 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!