Global Dexterity: A Must For International Admissions Officers
- Title: Global Dexterity: A Must For International Admissions Officers
- State/Province/Region: Massachusetts
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Salem
- Nearest Town: Boston
- Brief Directions: Andy Molinsky, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at Brandeis University and author of Global Dexterity: How to Adapt Your Behavior Across Cultures without Losing Yourself in the Process joins Michael Waxman-Lenz, founder and CEO of Intead in a discussion about the importance of translating cultural knowledge into action in cross cultural experiences and situations. His six dimensional framework can help those engaged in international work to be more effective and authentic.
Professor Molinsky’s vast experience in inter-cultural interactions forms the basis for his engaging work. It’s not just about understanding cultural differences. In order to have true success in other cultures, Professor Molinsky notes the importance of translating knowledge into behavior in real life situations with real consequences.
Anyone who travels internationally or interacts with people of other cultures academically, socially or professionally will benefit from Professor Molinsky’s six dimensional framework. Every situation can be understood by evaluating the appropriate levels of:
• Personal disclosure
Professor Molinsky explains how everyone can learn global dexterity. Some people might be more naturally inclined to be successful in this area but everyone can learn success. Following his three step process and six dimensional framework can lead to success in international student recruitment and internationalization of college campuses, among many other fields and disciplines.
The discussion also covers the forgiveness strategy and what it means in cross-cultural scenarios, the importance of finding a cultural mentor and how to be effective and authentic in cross-cultural engagements.
Press/Media Contact: Michael Waxman-Lenz Intead CEO/Co-Founder at info(at)intead(dot)com or (717)746-8323.
- Notes: Intead International Education Advantage, LLC is a full-service consulting, strategy and digital international education solutions marketing company with offices in Cleveland, Boston, and China. Intead crafts and deploys global digital solutions via specialized marketing tools to attract, recruit, orient and retain international and U.S. students. The company partners with experienced professionals around the world to deliver research-based insight, customized programs and best-in-class digital solutions to education clients that drive international student enrollment. Intead’s approach enhances the communication, branding and marketing of academic institutions in a culturally appropriate and accessible digital platform- supporting customers and products with sophisticated analytics services, ultimately improving results and decreasing costs.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Andy Molinsky, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior at Brandeis University and author of Global Dexterity: How to Adapt Your Behavior Across Cultures without Losing Yourself in the Process discusses the importance of translating cultural knowledge into action in cross cultural experiences and situations. His six dimensional framework can help those engaged in international work to be more effective and authentic.
- Gear: Student
This Photo Has Been Viewed 79 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!