Grand Haven Lighthouse Iced Over
- Title: Grand Haven Lighthouse Iced Over
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Haven State Park
- Nearest Town: Grand Haven
- Brief Directions: From US 32 in Grand Haven, follow the signs to the waterfront area and state park. Separate parking is available for the lighthouse.
- Notes: The lighthouse can be visited all year. Winters are especially challenging, as the pier is typically very icy and winds can be extremely cold.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Rain earlier in the week left the pier covered in ice. I waited until after sundown for the pier lights to come on, then took a series of shots. This one was a 15 second exposure at F/32.
- Gear: Nikon D700 and 105mm lens, Manfrotto tripod and head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1724 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!