- Title: Presque Isle Rapids
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park
- Nearest Town: Wakefield
- Brief Directions: Turn north on Gogebic county road 519 out of Wakefield MI.
- Notes: Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park has an area of over 60,000 acres, one-half of which is virgin forest. 23 miles of Lake Superior Shoreline is contained within its boundaries. Located in the far northwest corner of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park is truly a refuge for those seeking a wilderness experience.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Loose Rock and gravel, combined with the swift current of the Presque Isle River, have carved out a series of amazing potholes in the shale of the riverbed.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 255 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!