Sunset At Lake Michigan
- Title: Sunset At Lake Michigan
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Nearest Town: Empire
- Brief Directions: This requires a hike of about 1 mile south from the Empire Beach parking lot. At a pronounced point there are a large number of rocks in the surf.
- Notes: Tough to find areas that do not have footprints.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Along the lakeshore of Lake Michigan there are a few places that have exposed rocks. Especially when the lake levels are low, as they were in June 2007. I used a graduated neutral density filter. The high cirrus clouds really captured the last light of the day and there was quite a bit of reflection back into the water and sand.
- Gear: Nikon D2x, 17-55 f2.8, gitzo tripod, graduated neutral density filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1539 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!