- Title: Breakwater
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Upper Peninsula
- Nearest Town: Paradise, MI
- Brief Directions: Follow I-75 north to Rt. 123 (Exit #352), which is the Newberry, Tahquamenon falls exit. Follow this route through Trout Lake (be sure to take the right turn in Trout Lake to stay on M-123), crossing M-28. Follow M-123 all the way to Paradise, Michigan. Once in Paradise, continue north on Whitefish Point Road for 11 miles to the Whitefish Point Light Station. All roads are well paved and maintained by the State/County.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Photograph of a breakwater, at Whitefish Pointe, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula. Whitefish Pointe is one of my favorite places. During spring, there are an abundance of birds to be seen as well. On a sunny day, the blues are so blue. On a windy day, the waves of Lake Superior deserve to be seen. So it's a win-win photo op no matter when you go!
- Gear: Canon Digital Rebel, Sigma 18-200mm f3.5
This Photo Has Been Viewed 212 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!