Presque Isle River @ Porcupine Mountain State Park
- Title: Presque Isle River @ Porcupine Mountain State Park
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ontonagan County, Michigan
- Nearest Town: Silver City
- Brief Directions: Find Porcupine Moountain State Park on a map of the Upper Penninsula of Michigan, USA. Silver City is the nearest town and has a lodging available.
- Notes: We have been there in both summer and autumn, and I imaging spring would be a good time also.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Presque Isle river is a scenic river in the south east corner of Porcupine Mountain State Park on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
The Presque Isle River traverses a series of low falls and cascades, before dividing into two swifter and narrower channels that cut deeply into the underlying bedrock. The surrounding forest is dominated by old growth sugar maple, hemlock, and white pine.
- Gear: Nikon D300, nikor 18-200 vr, tripod, NHD filter, circ polorizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2155 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!