Sunset Storm On Lake Superior
- Title: Sunset Storm On Lake Superior
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Nearest Town: Marquette
- Brief Directions: From downtown Marquette, head towards the lakeshore (Lake Superior), and take Lakeshore Drive North along the shore of the lake to the entrance to Presque Isle Park. Keep left and park by the pavilion.
- Notes: Presque Isle sticks out into Lake Superior to the North, and offers many opportunities for sunset images. A series of islands to the West adds interest.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Watching the weather map on Weather Underground on the Internet last night, I saw that a small rain storm was heading toward Marquette from the Northwest, and would pass on the North side of the city right around sunset, and that there was a clear area behind it. I headed to Presque Isle, a city Park on the North end of the city on the shores of Lake Superior, and arrived with just enough time to figure out a composition and set up the tripod and camera. I set the Auto Exposure Bracketing +/- 2 stops, and captured a series of three shots, which I then processed with Nik HDR Efex Pro.
- Gear: 5D MkII, 24-105L, Gitzo Tripod, RRS Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 289 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!