- Title: Black Beach
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Silver Bay Marina
- Nearest Town: Silver Bay
- Brief Directions: Black Beach is located just inside the town of Silver Bay off HWY 61. Travel past the 1st traffic light and take the first right. The road will veer slightly left and change to gravel. Follow the road to a "T" intersection and turn right (turning left will take you to a parking area and another beach area which is quite picturesque as well). Nvtls, after turning right continue about a quarter of a mile and turn left. The path to the beach not too far from the turn and is not well marked - look for a break in the trees.
- Notes: See a slideshow highlighting more of my images on youtube using the search tag "wander in the wyld."
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Black Beach is named as such due to taconite ore having been dumped off shore years ago which invariably coloured the stones on the beach black. This area is probably overlooked quite often and is not listed as one of the north shore attractions.
- Gear: Canon 7D, 17-40mm f4.0L, B+W ND and Polarizer, Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 and Grip Action (324RC2)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 235 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!