Hollow Rock Resort
- Title: Hollow Rock Resort
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Highway 61
- Nearest Town: Grand Portage
- Brief Directions: From Duluth, MN take Highway 61 north about 140 miles. When you reach the sign welcoming you to the Grand Portage Indian Reservation, you only have about 5 miles to go. Watch for the sign for "Hollow Rock Resort" on the right.
- Notes: Hollow Rock Resort encompasses a small stretch of Lake Superior shoreline on the Grand Portage Reservation. The resort rents cabins that are a stone's throw from Hollow Rock itself, the resort's namesake. The best time to visit is the winter, when the sun rises directly behind the rock, making for some very dramatic photos.
- Best Season: Winter
- Gear: Layers! The Lake Superior shoreline can be extremely windy and
This Photo Has Been Viewed 11895 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!