Trail To Carlton Peak
- Title: Trail To Carlton Peak
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Superior National Forest
- Nearest Town: Tofte, MN
- Brief Directions: From Duluth take hiway 61 to Tofte. Turn left on the Sawbill trail right in Tofte. Go about 5 miles and you will see the trailhead on your left, just a few hundred feet you can turn into a parking area on your left.
- Notes: A beaiful hike in the Fall, with tall and thick stands of white birch, good hiking shoes or sturdy tennis shoes needed. Kepp children in hand, there are areas of concern especially at the top.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A 1600 foot Peak awaits you at the end of the 30 to 40 minute hike up Carlton Peak, one of the Sawtooth Mountains in the Arrowhead region of Minnesota. When you get to the top you have a breat taking view of Lake superior just a few miles to the peaks east.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 118 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!