- Title: Lake Effect
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Knife Island
- Nearest Town: Knife River
- Notes: People who are not from the area may never see Lake effect weather, it is quite interesting.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Lake Superior has its own weather system, and creates much of the weather we have. Lake effect snow is when the temperature is below 0 Fahrenheit the lake creates through evaporation its own clouds. The clouds come right off the top of the water and are usually not very high in the sky. A slight breeze will carry the clouds over land and then it comes down as a very light snow.
- Gear: Canon Rebel T1i
This Photo Has Been Viewed 356 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!