Ice Piles At Stoney Point
- Title: Ice Piles At Stoney Point
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Old Scenic HWY 61
- Nearest Town: Duluth, MN
- Brief Directions: Head North on Scenic 61 for 20 minutes until you reach Stony Loop.
- Notes: Technical info:
Camera: Pentax K20D
Lens: Pentax DA* 16-50mm F/2.8
Focal Length: 21 mm
ISO Speed: 100
A 3 stop Hitech Grad ND was used to keep the color and detail in the sky and to balance the exposure.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Ice piles form along the North shore of lake Superior throughout winter. Stoney Point seems to consistently produce the largest and most amazing ice shard piles along the shore.
The weather and wind on Lake Superior changes so often which in turn changes these ice formations. This makes for new shooting opportunities each time you visit Stoney point.
- Gear: Tripod, Cable Release, Warm Clothing, ND and Grad ND filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1855 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!