Golden Poplar Among The Rocks At Johnson's Shut-ins
- Title: Golden Poplar Among The Rocks At Johnson's Shut-ins
- State/Province/Region: Missouri
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park
- Nearest Town: Graniteville
- Notes: With bright even light I slightly overexposed this image and the scan resulted in a surreal rendition of the rock formations and subtle hues of the remaining autumn colors in the trees.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Johnson's Shut-Ins is a popular swimming destrination in the summertime but becomes quiet and peaceful in off seasons. This area has been drastically altered since I last photographed it. The park has recently re-opened after being closed for a few years due to massive destruction from a deluge resulting from the failure of a power company's reservoir upstream in the hills.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 722 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!