- Title: Untitled
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Going-to-the-Sun Road
- Nearest Town: West Glacier
- Brief Directions: Drive east from Whitefish to West Glacier,then continue 34 miles to Logan Pass
- Notes: I don't classify myself as a wildlife photographer, but it would seem that in this part of Glacier Park, photographing mountain goats, an otherwise elusive animal, is not just available to pros. On the slopes around the pass and along Garden Wall trail toward Mt. Gould, the goats relax in the summer. Iâ€™ve always been fascinated by the animals who can climb like mountaineers, but have never happened upon one in Yellowstone, the other park known for wildlife. Here in just one day I photographed a few scattered animals as well as a group of a half-dozen goats. The surrounding scenery is spectacular and the area attracts countless tourists, but most donâ€™t venture far from the parking lots. Even though the goats are accustomed to people, it still helps to have a long lens to fill up a viewfinder.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Telephoto of 300mm or better and tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 716 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!