- Title: Approaching Storm-1
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lakleside
- Nearest Town: Somers
- Brief Directions: Thunderstorm towers over Flathead lake
- Notes: There wasn't much lightning in this storm which made it hard to zero in on one area-as the sun beamed off the thunderhead,the light was fading fast and my hopes of getting a great shot was dwindling.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: n approaching thunder storm dances along the sound end of Flathead lake in Northwest Montana.
I had been trying to capture some vivid lightning for some time but the storms would either go east or south of Kalispell or overnite which means you do not get a very good perspective of landscapes in the dark.
This storm was towering high above even before it's approach to the south side of the lake as I could see it kust boiling from my location which is a hours drive from Polson where the storm decided to turn.This shot is from the town of Somers.
- Gear: Canon
This Photo Has Been Viewed 114 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!