Wild Goose Island, Gnp
- Title: Wild Goose Island, Gnp
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier National Park
- Nearest Town: St Mary
- Brief Directions: Not hard to find. Just drive into the park from the St Mary entrance for several miles and you will see the signs for the Wild Goose Island overlook. Drive about 100 yards further to the next big pullout and the shooting location is just off the highway.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This a sunrise photo of Wild Goose Island on St Mary Lake in Glacier National Park. There are several overlooks from Going To The Sun highway and I took this shot from a small clearing about a hundred yards north of the most used overlook where so many of these shots are taken.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 12-24mm 1:4 G, Gitzo Tripod, Kirk bal head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 628 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!