Avalanche Lake I
- Title: Avalanche Lake I
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier National Park
- Nearest Town: West Glacier
- Brief Directions: Avalanche Lake at the base of Avalanche Gorge.
- Notes: Late afternoon sun and the stillness of the lake allow for spectacular reflections of the surrounding mountains.
- GPS Longitude: 48.6797
- GPS Latitude: 113.8292
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Avalanche Lake is one of the most popular hikes in Glacier National Park and a spectacular destination. Avalanche Lake is at the base of Avalanche Gorge and the collecion point of several large streams from glacial melt from the surrounding mountains.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 24-105
This Photo Has Been Viewed 497 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!