Slicing Through The Gorge
- Title: Slicing Through The Gorge
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier National Park
- Nearest Town: Columbia Falls
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The great naturalist, John Muir, said it best about the wilderness that became Montana's Glacier National Park:
"Give a month at least to this precious reserve. The time will not be taken from the sum of your life. Instead of shortening, it will indefinitely lengthen it and make you truly immortal."
Two days was all I was able to spend here -- and for that, I am grateful...especially to be there during its Centennial Celebration.
This is Avalanche Gorge from the Trail of the Cedars. The water is that translucent blue as a result of "rock flour" -- ground up minerals mixed with algae -- in the creek and the other glacially formed lakes in the park.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 422 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!