Makoshika State Park
Darrin Schreder / Wendtography
- Title: Makoshika State Park
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Taylor, Ave. Glendive, MT
- Nearest Town: Glendive, MT
- Brief Directions: From Taylor Ave, turn SE onto CainÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Coulee Rd.
- Notes: Makoshika State Park is located in the rugged badlands of eastern Montana in Glendive. The name Makoshika (Ma-ko'-shi-ka) is a variant of a Lakota phrase meaning land of bad spirits or "badlands". Although the area resembles the badlands of the Dakotas, these badlands expose older rock layers. It is the largest state park in Montana, covering over 11,400 acres. This beautiful and unique terrain provides for exploration and discovery that you won't find anywhere else!
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tripod, Telephoto and wideangle lenses, Water, Sunshade
This Photo Has Been Viewed 500 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!