Hidden Lake Overlook, Glacier Park
Jessica S. Miller
- Title: Hidden Lake Overlook, Glacier Park
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Going to the Sun Road
- Nearest Town: West Glacier
- Brief Directions: Highway 2 to Glacier Park, follow Going to the Sun Road to Logan Pass.
- Notes: Due to the high elevation, you are likely to still find lots of snow on the trail well into June, and patches of it into July. By September, the first snows of winter may be arriving. Call or check the internet for the status of Going to the Sun road for construction or snow-clearing delays. Make sure to get there early; the Logan Pass parking lot fills up by about 10:00 am. A wide-angle lens is necessary for getting good shots of the peaks, but by mid-morning, the mountain goats emerge, and a telephoto is nice to have. Spring wildflowers are still present in August, but July is their most abundant time. The trail is chilly in the morning, but usually clear of other hikers until closer to noon.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Hiking boots (waterproof in early summer or early fall), tripod,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 493 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!