- Title: Sand Harbor
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Tahoe
- Nearest Town: Incline Village, NV
- Brief Directions: Sand Harbor is the most popular beach area in Tahoe, and is located on the northeastern side of the lake. Finding the beach is easy - located off of 28 with an abundance of signs leading the way.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I almost didn't get this shot. I did a bit of rock-hopping to get to this vantage point, set-up my gear on a rock surrounded by 3-4ft deep water only to knock my camera/tripod over when the mechanism got caught on my jacket. Needeless to say, I saved my camera from plunging in the water. But, could not prevent my Lee filter ring and ND filter from breaking when impacting the rock. A bit of a bummer, but decided to shake it off and make the most of it. There are no professional camera stores in the Tahoe area, so i had to drive to Reno the next morning to replace my Lee gear (once you use Lee, it's hard to do otherwise). Nvtls, the story could have had a different ending, with my tears splattering this electronic page and no image.
- Gear: Canon 7D, 17-40mm f4.0L, B+W Polarizer, Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 and Grip Action (324RC2)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 173 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!