Sand Harbor State Park, Lake Tahoe
- Title: Sand Harbor State Park, Lake Tahoe
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: SR28
- Nearest Town: Incline Village
- Brief Directions: From Incline Village, head south on SR 28 to Sand Harbor State Recreation Area (about 8 miles).
- Notes: Spring is fantastic on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe. Temps are mild and the snow has melted off of the beaches and rocks at waters edge. However, there is still plenty of snow and dramatic light looking west.The best light here happens about fifteen minutes after the sun disappears behind the mountains. Stay a little too late and you'll need a flashlight to get off of the rocks and back to the trail leading to the parking lot.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tripod, flashlight
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2042 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!