Calico Hills, Red Rock Canyon
- Title: Calico Hills, Red Rock Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Charleston Blvd.
- Nearest Town: Las Vegas
- Brief Directions: From Las vegas, travel north on Charleston Blvd. After going through Summerlin, you will start to see the red rock formations. The entrance to Red Rock Canyon will be on your right. Take the scenic loop drive.
- Notes: The Calico Hills area of Red Rock has several good hiking trails that take you into the hills. The rocks are very popular with climbers. You will see them on the face of the rocks, year round. It is the desert, and you will be exposed on the rocks. Wear sunscreen, and good shoes for rock scrambling. You don't want to become one of the many people that LVMPD Search and Rescue have to bring down from the rocks.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Plenty of water and sunscreen. Take a sturdy tripod. This are
This Photo Has Been Viewed 588 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!