Red Rock Canyon Nca
Bob Simari / Baldwin, New York
- Title: Red Rock Canyon Nca
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Charleston Blvd.
- Nearest Town: Las Vegas
- Brief Directions: Located within the Las Vegas city limits, take I 15 north to Charleston Blvd west. Take this road until it connects with Red Rock Canyon.
- Notes: Red Rock Canyon is brutally hot and parched from May thru October. However, if you plan a visit in January or thereabouts, you may be fortunate enough, as I was, to experience a rare snowfall here. If this is the case, the Spring Mountains may be dusted with snow and the usually dry creek beds will flow. Very early light is best here and a bit of hiking may be necessary to locate the best perspectives. A 17mm F 2.8 on tripod with grad nd filter worked well for me. Nikon F100/Fuji Velvia 50.
- Best Season: Winter
- Gear: A little luck will bring snow in winter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1730 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!