Elephant Rock At Valley Of Fire
- Title: Elephant Rock At Valley Of Fire
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hwy. 169 and I-15
- Nearest Town: Moapa or Overton
- Brief Directions: From Las Vegas, go north on I-15. Turn off at Moapa. The sign reads Valley of Fire State Park/ Lake mead National Recreation Area. Follow the road to Valley of Fire. Take the scenic road through the park. The trail head for Elephant Rock is close to the end of the scenic road.
- Notes: The desert gets very hot. Hydrate and dress accordingly. Wear good hiking shoes for rock scrambling. To get this view of the rock formation, you must hike up and around to the back of it. This view looks a lot more like an elephant, than the distant view from the scenic road.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Hat, sunscreen, plenty of water
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1082 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!