Dante's View- Death Valley National Park
Andrew Vincent Kearns
- Title: Dante's View- Death Valley National Park
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Furnace Creek
- Brief Directions: Dante's View. 7 vertical shots stitched in CS5. Shot Feb 20th at 7:55am.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Taken Early Morning facing North West. This is a favorite morning spot for many photographers. There were at least 25 photographers there this morning- Sat Feb 20th. I too a series of 7 vertical shots and stitched them together in PS (CS5). I used a 3 stop Lee ND filter to get a good exposure for the sky and to help lighten the foreground. I had to make sure the tripod (Calumet 8 series with Arca Swiss ball head) was level especially when using a ND filter. If your tripod is not perfectly level the ND filter will cause stitching issues especially in the sky causing it to look darker or lighter in places where the camera is pointed higher or lower. The light was not great but I think I made the most of my one morning in Death Valley and I am happy with the shot. Final image is 69MP! It can be printed 24" by 45" at 300dpi and is tack sharp.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk2- Canon 50mm 1.4.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 610 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!