Seitz Lake, Ruby Mountains
- Title: Seitz Lake, Ruby Mountains
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lamoille Hwy
- Nearest Town: Lamoille, NV
- Brief Directions: From Elko, travel southeast toward Lamoille, Nv. Turn south on Pleasant Valley Road and travel until it dead-ends at Thompson Creek Canyon. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a moderate to strenuous 3 mile hike up the canyon to Seitz Lake.
- Notes: Seitz Lake is a beautiful alpine glacial tarn located in the Ruby Mountains (NevadaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Swiss Alps) and accessible from July through October. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a long day hike, so start out early to give yourself time to photograph the surrounding beauty. Fall colors and surrounding banded metamorphic rock reflections on the lake are stunning. Afternoon is the best time to catch the lake reflections.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: A good day pack with plenty of water and food, good hiking shoes
This Photo Has Been Viewed 947 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!