Valley Of Sire State Park
Brian D Smith
- Title: Valley Of Sire State Park
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Mead
- Nearest Town: Las Vegas
- Brief Directions: Drive northeast from Las Vegas on Interstate 15 to exit 75. From here, follow the signs to Valley of Fire State Park.
- Notes: The desert surrounding Vegas is ruthless in the summer, so early spring, fall, and winter are the best times to photograph this great natural area. Anytime a rain comes through, get out and photograph the newly washed rock formations -- you'll appreciate the greater saturation and new life which the rain generates! A polarizer is absolutely essential, as well as sunscreen and a good hat. Bring plenty of water, and try to work during the edges of the day to get great raking light which brings out the texture and detail in your images.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Valley of Fire State Park is located about 50 miles northeast of Las Vegas near the Lake Mead recreation area. The park contains a variety of sandstone formations, historic indian petroglyphs, and is a great place for photographing the Mojave desert.
- Gear: Canon EOS 1D Mark II. Gitzo 1227 tripod w/ 1377 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1331 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!