The Emerald Pool
- Title: The Emerald Pool
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Mountain National Forest
- Nearest Town: Chatham
- Brief Directions: Somewhere deep in the woods of New Hampshire a short distance from the Maine border and not far from the Cold River and Evans Notch
- Notes: 4x5 transparency digitized on an Imacon scanner.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: "The Emerald Pool" sits below a cascade in an otherwise unremarkable stream in the White Mountains. Unlike most rushing rivers in the area,the stream-bed is covered in brilliant green algae. My now-retired view camera was perfect for capturing this rare light.
- Gear: Toyo Field 4x5, Manfrotto tripod and head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 287 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!