Evening After Rain, Galehead Mountain
- Title: Evening After Rain, Galehead Mountain
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Twin Mountain
- Brief Directions: From LaFayette Campground on I93 in NH, take the Greenleaf Trail to the Garfield Ridge Trail to Galehead Hut
- GPS Longitude: 71
- GPS Latitude: 44
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Mountain tops are exciting places. Above treeline the views and weather are spectacular. After rain, at sunset, the sky began to clear and turn deep pink above clouds still sunk in the valley. Blackpoll warblers were singing their end of day songs. Fortunately my camera was along in the backpack as I climbed the stone, giant stairstep trail up to Galehead Hut. So when the clouds parted, I grabbed it and recorded the spectacular color.
- Gear: Nikon F3 Kodachrome 64
This Photo Has Been Viewed 426 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!