Varney Island Loons
- Title: Varney Island Loons
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Winnipesaukee
- Nearest Town: Wolfeboro
- Brief Directions: In order to get pictures of the loons, one much have access to a boat. The Town of Wolfeboro is located in central New Hampshire on Lake Winnipesaukee.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: These loons are usually uncooperative when it comes to having their pictures taken. However, after I finished taking pictures of my friend, my son and my daughter, water skiing, my friend who was driving the boat suggested that we may slowly wander over to get some pictures of the loons. I said to my friend "by the time we got to where the loons were they would probably dive down into the water." Much to our surprise, they performed for us for about three minutes dancing around each other and looking as if they were courting. The pictues were taken in mid August and the sky was reflecting blue in the water so hence the loons popped as we say in photography. I have been trying to photograph the loons for about 10 years.
- Gear: Canon xsi camera, 75-300 mm canon lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 458 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!