Lower Purgatory Falls
- Title: Lower Purgatory Falls
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mont Vernon
- Nearest Town: Lyndeborough
- Brief Directions: From Mont Vernon village, heading north on Route 13, take the
Francistown Turnpike 0.1 of a mile to Beech Hill Road. Turn left.
Go 2.9 miles west to the stop sign. Turn left on Salisbury Road.
Go 0.9 of a mile and take a left on Purgatory Falls Road. Go 1.3 miles
to the Echo Valley Campground. Continue 100 feet beyond the
entrance of the campround to the parking area.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This is Upper Purgatory Falls . This was taken on a rainy day. I crossed the low part of the brook at the end of the pool area . Vantage point is under the " bowl" of the washed out granit. It made for a nice shelter and get this shot. . It is part of the Purgatory Watershed. Has three falls , Upper, Middle and Lower. I have yet to capter the middle one.
- Gear: Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-70mm lens , Tiffen ND Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1634 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!