Lake Carasaljo July Sunset
- Title: Lake Carasaljo July Sunset
- State/Province/Region: New Jersey
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lakewood
- Nearest Town: Lakewood
- Brief Directions: Lake Carasaljo is easily accessible from Route 9 in Lakewood. Head to the west end of the lake to get into more "woody" areas.
- Notes: There is a trail that will take you all around the way around the lake (5 miles), with exercise trails, bird watching, canoeing, fishing, a band shell, beach, playgrounds and more.
- GPS Longitude: 74
- GPS Latitude: 40
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: In 1883, the Metedeconck River was dammed to create Lake Carasaljo for the site of the Bergen Iron Works, contributing to the existence of Lakewood Township, New Jersey.
Joseph Woolston Brick, (for whom Brick Township, NJ is named) had three daughters: Caroline, Sarah (nicknamed Sally) and Jospehine. Lake Carasaljo is named after his three daughters. Brick named the sister lake, Manetta, to his lwife.
Local legend reads that the lake was named after them when all three drowned in it...however history read that the girls were alive when the lake was named.
Georgian Court University...once the grounds of the Gould Estate, sits on the north end of the lake.
- Gear: Nikon D40x
This Photo Has Been Viewed 192 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!