Early Evening Turkey Point Marsh
- Title: Early Evening Turkey Point Marsh
- State/Province/Region: New Jersey
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Turkey Point Wildlife Area
- Nearest Town: Dividing Creek
- Brief Directions: From the Delaware Memorial Bridge take Route 49 due east until you come to Route 553. Stay on Route 553 south until you come to Downe Township area, look for Turkey Point signs. From areas north, get on Route 55 South, get off at Route 47 South. Head into Millville, NJ and look for Route 555, follow signs to Dividing Creek. Turkey Point is west of Dividing Creek, NJ. Turkey Point is between Newport and Dividing Creek.
- Notes: Except for the occzssional recreational crabbers this place is usually uninhabited and quiet. It is a great place for photography, hiking, and bird watching.
- GPS Longitude: -75.1071266
- GPS Latitude: 39.210114
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This is a Protected Wildlife area known for birding. Prior to becoming a state wildlife area it was mainly known for Salt Hay Farms, where they grew the old packing material excelsior, and crabbing. Here you can walk through wide open, marsh land that at one time contained diked farms. Trails lead through the marsh down to the mouth of the Maurice River.
- Gear: Sony A100
This Photo Has Been Viewed 859 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!