Delaware Water Gap
- Title: Delaware Water Gap
- State/Province/Region: New Jersey
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Interstate 80
- Nearest Town: Dunfield
- Brief Directions: From Interstate 80 westbound,
Continue on I80 westbound 3 miles past Exits 4A/B/C, Stay in the right lane and take the rest area exit on the right. Continue on the service road past the rest area, and up an entrance ramp as if to re-enter Interstate 80 westbound. Turn right from the ramp before it re-enters I80 into Dunnfield Parking Area.
From Interstate 80 eastbound
Continue on I80 eastbound through toll plaza at the Delaware River. Stay in the right lane and take the first exit ramp (unnumbered) in New Jersey. Continue 1/2 mile along the service road, passing Kittatinny Point, and turn left at the underpass. Turn left again as if to re-enter I80 westbound. Turn right from the ramp before it re-enters I80 into Dunnfield Parking Area.
- Notes: This is a beautiful place if you're willing to hike. be sure to bring a backpack and plenty of water because it isn't easy, but its worth it because it is so beautiful. The hike may be long and if it takes you until daylight to find a spot, you may need a neutral density filter to slow the shutter speed.
- Best Season: Winter
- Gear: DSLR, Wide angle lens, Tripod, neutral density filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1601 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!