- Title: Egg Factory
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bisti Badlands
- Nearest Town: Farmington, NM
- Brief Directions: Bisti Badlands is about an hour drive south of Farmington, NM on NM 371. Turn on road 7297, which is signed and drive a few miles on a gravel road until the parking area is reached.
Bisti Badlands consists of two areas (washes): Hunter Wash (north area) and the Alamo Wash (southern area). The Egg Factory is located in Alamo Wash.
- Notes: See more of my images contained within a slideshow on youtube by using the search tag, "wander in the wyld."
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Definitely have to go with fall/winter as the best season - mainly for the dramatic skies. Everyone who has trekked the lands of bad have produced an image of the Egg Factory. How about one in Infrared? Eh? Anyhoo. Met some really cool blokes from the UK on my trip; actually, i was sitting in the car waiting for some colour in the sky before attempting my journey through the badlands when they drove up. Now, there were three blokes all waiting for the sun to come-up a bit before navigating the dark, terrifying unknown. Needless to say, it wasn't as intimidating the 2nd day. Looking forward to visiting this area again.
- Gear: Canon 450xsi (IR Converted), 24-105 f/4L IS, B+W Polarizer, Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 and Grip Action (324RC2)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 296 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!