Sandhill Crane Early Flight
- Title: Sandhill Crane Early Flight
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Socorro, New Mexico
- Brief Directions: Bosque del Apache NWR. Eighteen miles from Socorro, New Mexico.
- Notes: Great place to see migratory birds, sandhill cranes and snow geese by the thousands.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Early morning back lighting with water vapor rising from a shallow lake bed magically worked to produce this image. The cranes would literally "pop" out of the frozen water then fly to their feeding grounds.
- Gear: Canon 50D, Canon 500mm f/4L lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 174 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!