Sandhill Cranes Linger In The Fire Mist
- Title: Sandhill Cranes Linger In The Fire Mist
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bosque del Apache NWR
- Nearest Town: Socorro
- Brief Directions: North of the Flight Deck, Bosque del Apache NWR, NM
- Notes: Image captured during a workshop with Rick Sammon and Juan Ponds, December 2011. The temperature was - 3 deg F after a storm dumped 6 in. of snow on the refuge. Conditions were ideal for the backlit morning mist to light up like it was on fire.
- GPS Longitude: 106.9
- GPS Latitude: 33.8
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sandhill Cranes linger in the Morning Mist while Snow Geese depart.
- Gear: Canon 7D, 300MM f2.8 w/2x, Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 375 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!