Dune At Sunset, White Sands Ntl Monument, Nm
- Title: Dune At Sunset, White Sands Ntl Monument, Nm
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Sands National Monument, NM
- Nearest Town: Alamogordo, NM
- Notes: Finding the perfect S-curve in White Sands is a bit more challenging than one might think. You must first hike out far enough from the tourist pullouts that you can avoid footprints (perhaps half a mile or more). When you spy something tantalizing in the distance, you must first get within a few hundred hards of it, then walk WAAAAAY the heck around until you've found the perfect angle without having made any footprints in your frame. Then, you find out it wasn't really as cool a composition as you'd thought from a distance (drat). This image was made after six hours of trudging through the desert on a sunny February afternoon searching for that perfect S-curve.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikon 18-200 f/3.5-5.6, Gitzo tripod, Acratech ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 209 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!