Long House Wall
- Title: Long House Wall
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bandelier NM
- Nearest Town: White Rock
- Notes: f/16 @ 1/100 sec; ISO 100; Auto exposure; partial metering mode; Auto WB; RAW capture
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Marked with rows of viga holes, testifying that the Long House was a three story structure, the southwest-facing wall of the Frijoles Canyon glows in late afternoon sunlight as the shadow from the opposite side of the canyon creeps up the towering cliff face. The advancing shadow serves as a reminder that, although the Ancestral Pueblo people lived here for over 400 years in homes carved from the volcanic tuff, the land could no longer support the people and they were forced to move south and east along the Rio Grande.
- Gear: Canon 5D; 16-35 mm @ 24 mm; Gitzo tripod; RRS B55 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 426 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!