Sandhiil Cranes Head To The Roost At Dust
- Title: Sandhiil Cranes Head To The Roost At Dust
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sevelitta NWR
- Nearest Town: Socorro
- Brief Directions: Sevilitta NWR straddles I-25 between Belem and Socorro, NM.
- Notes: Taken during a Rick Sammon/Juan Pons workshop
- GPS Longitude: -106.8
- GPS Latitude: 34.35
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sandhill Cranes head for the roost at Dusk. Bosque del Apache recently posted this image on Facebook with the following quote: "I saw them first many Novembers ago and heard their triumphant trumpet calls, a hundred or more sandhill cranes riding south on a thermal above the Rio Grande Valley, and that day their effortless flight and their brassy music got into my soul." -Charles Kuralt
- Gear: Canon 7D, 300mmf2.8+1.4x
This Photo Has Been Viewed 308 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!